Home energy efficiency prevents wasted energy and wasted dollars—less leakage of warm air and entry of cold air leads to lower fuel and utility costs.
Increased energy efficiency means homeowners and tenants are able to maintain comfort without
compromising health and safety.
Northfield’s weatherization program is administered by the U.S. Department of Energy through the New York State government with supplemental funding from the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and private monies.
What services does weatherization provide?
Northfield Community LDC’s Weatherization Assistance Program offers a broad range of services to Staten Island Residents. Our staff conduct energy audits and compile data on energy use in single family homes and multi-family buildings.
Our Weatherization department can:
- Detect and correct dangerous levels of carbon monoxide
- Upgrade or replace heating and distribution systems
- Insulate roofs and walls
- Seal open by-passes and chasers
- Conserve domestic water use
- Repair or replace non-energy efficient windows and doors
- Install carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
Weatherization creates both immediate and long term financial and safety benefits, including:
- Ensuring healthy, safe, and comfortable dwellings
- Retaining affordable housing for senior citizens and eligible families
- Promoting energy efficiency and associated cost savings
- Developing new building improvement methods
- Improving housing stock
- Stimulating economic development and employment
For more information, please contact:
Phone: (718) 442-7351 ext. 241
Phone: (718) 442-7351 ext. 234
Phone: (718) 447-1101
Phone: (718) 442-7351 ext. 271